Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Please help finding the right set-up!
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2014, 10:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
kolsen22

Default Please help finding the right set-up!

Hey guy's I am trying to buy a new set up for the upcoming season, going into my second year of riding. First year I tried out a couple buddies boards, ended up buying a second hand 159 Endeavor High 5 but hate the shit out of it. Way to hard to turn for me, and felt not wide enough. I'd say I am past the beginner stage of progression and into early intermediate. I have read up on different styles of boards but most of this info is going in one ear going out the other kind of thing. Easy to say I don't really know what I want and need.

Basically I am trying to get some help to find the right set-up for me, being board / bindings. A bit about me i'm 5'11 (181cm), 172 lbs (78kg) but fluctuate in weight from 165 - 175 lbs throughout the year. Size 11 (Canadian) feet. I ride in Banff National Park in Canada so lots of fresh pow usually, but ice as well from lots of winds. I went into the Source here today and buddy was trying to get me on a 159cm Lib Tech Banana board but I wanted to ask on here before I made a purchase.

I am not really a park rider, but a more free-ride / all-mountain rider. I like response from my board but a bit forgiving i'd say. Looking for stability at high speeds. What would you guy's recommend for a board/binding combo for me. I'll reply quick to any questions as well. Thanks guys I really appreciate all the feedback!

Last edited by kolsen22; 08-19-2014 at 11:58 PM.
kolsen22 is offline   Reply With Quote