Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Please help finding the right set-up!
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 01:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
Casper

For a particular riding use, you're going to get the best results from boards designed for that use.

I like Lib boards and for me they work good all-mountain. NOTE- I said "for me" because it really comes down to subjective preferences for each person.

For me the Banana I would say is more park oriented. Where if you went to a C2 profile it is more versatile between park and off-piste. Although it won't stand up to a free-ride designed board for off-piste use.

I haven't tried all the boards, but from all that I have tried for free ride I like the Jones Flagship and Rossignol XV; depending on the conditions and qualities of the snow.

Good luck in your quest, as I'm sure you'll get 100's of opinions. The best I can say is to demo as many different boards as you can and even rent for a day different board profiles. Find what works for you and also remember that what works great for you today is subjective to be different next month.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote