Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Planning upcoming season
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 03:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Noreaster
Veteran Member

Default Planning upcoming season

So, I just finished mapping it out...

Driving out to CO second week of Jan with my daughter and two dogs. Staying in Breck (have a house there) through first week of Feb, while my kid picks up pups and drives back home on the 2nd. We want to somehow get to Utah to lap Canyons for a couple of days while she's there with me but that would depend on road/weather conditions and time availability.

Then it gets really intense. I have a three week stay planned at a friends' place in Valmorel in Feb but have to make business detours to Lugano and Milan first. Which scares me because I'm gonna have way too much luggage with me. Makes me think I should ship my board and part of luggage directly to Val but so far it looks to be pretty expensive. So expensive, in fact, that buying a used board there might be a cheaper option.

Flying back home in the beginning of March, then if business permits a couple more weeks in CO and finally staying at another friend's place in Whistler at the end of March (where I'm going come hell or high water because I'm flying out of Vancouver to Hong Kong on April 1st for a trade show). Again, have no idea what to do with board and other stuff because I'm sure as hell not lugging it with me to HK.

If this all sounds like a mess it's because it is and I'm starting to get really worried because with my luck I'm pretty positive half of my luggage will be lost on the assorted flights. Oh, and I also pulled a trigger and got myself a split which I really want to bring to Whistler. So if anyone knows cheap(er) shipping options of oversized items to Europe and Canada please share.
Noreaster is offline   Reply With Quote