Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - What transceiver do you use?
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2014, 12:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
neni
The Swiss Miss

I use the Barryvox PULSE, chose it cos it's soooo easy to search with them. Basically follow the arrow and run. Last meters are when you need to get slower. They're really easy to use. Line of thoughts: in case of shit happens every minute counts, nerves will be thin strings... I want the easiest to handle thinggy on the market in my hands!

Also like that they automatically swap back to send mode if you don't move for a certain period (i.e. got caught by an avy yourself while in search mode).

Bought it at an official local dealer. Get an letter for the annual update every autumn. Also, you'll get a decent reduction for avy courses organized by Mammut if you bought one of them (bought mine 4y ago, still valid for the reduction for the course last year).

BTW: check these LVS training centers http://www.mammut.ch/avalanchesafety...afety_atc.html sep up in many Swiss resorts. You can exercise to search for multiple buried ppl there. Good thing! It can be confusing first if you get overlapping signals.

The average human has one breast and one testicle ~ Des McHale

Last edited by neni; 08-22-2014 at 12:30 PM.
neni is offline   Reply With Quote