Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Any ideas? Looking for bindings for my Yes PYL...
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2014, 09:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Nivek
Veteran Member

Liking the Five on that deck pushes me to recommend something more like Union Ultra's, Salomon Defenders, or K2 Lien AT's. The Five is not by any means a stiff binding. Even with the metal heel loop on the SE's I felt underpowered with those on my Darwin or Drifter. They have stayed on my park decks. But, what you may be liking about the binding is the base flex. Do you by chance have a skate or surf background prior to snowboarding? That's generally the case with guys that like a softer binding on a stiffer board. That combo when used the right way allows you to sort of preload your body before driving that energy into the board. What the three bindings I recommended do is take that riding style and design responsive rides around that theory. The Union and K2 both sit on a full EVA pad between binding and board that allows the whole binding to sort of roll around on the disc. I could literally ride Contact Pro's on any deck you give me shy of BX. That rolling factor keeps the binding basically glued in place around your boot. I say Ultra's cause the carbon highback is going to be more beneficial to you. The Defender is basically the spirit of the Chief with Shadow Fit. The soft heelcup allows a bit of lateral movement and helps the move the binding with the boot instead of fighting your boots movement. If you want the full effect look into the Holograms. Another binding I can ride on anything from a jib deck, to a freeride rocket, to a pow surfer.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote