Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Goodbye Winterpark Ski Train, so sorry to see you go.
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 01:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
daysailer1

All hope is not lost. They may get a summer tourist train around Canon City to do it in the winter. DeFrange had a meeting about it the other week down in Denver.

I actually worked for Ski School on the Ski Train this past spring. Good to know I made some of the last few trips on it. It was so much fun and a great way to get to work. Hop on the bus in Broomfield to Union Station, jump on the Train, sell lesson vouchers and get paid, jump off train, go get into uniform, go work and get paid, take train then bus back home.

I took this shot back in January. I was standing out back next to the tracks talking with some co-workers when a tourist came up and asked us when the Ski Train would show up. I said anytime between 9 and 10 AM. Tourist said "that precise?". I said "yeah it all depends upon the freight train schedules and Amtrack". About that time I felt a small rumbling from the track and the really really distant grumble coming from the Moffatt Tunnel. I said "hang on, you're in luck. It's going to pop out in less than 3 minutes".

Guess what popped out? I had my camera ready.

Last edited by daysailer1; 09-10-2009 at 01:55 PM.
daysailer1 is offline   Reply With Quote