Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Spinal Fusions & Snowboarding?
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2014, 05:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
chomps1211
Not quite reformed yet

Question Spinal Fusions & Snowboarding?

This is almost definitely premature, but after seeing my latest MRI and the way my back feels today. I wanted to throw this out here and see what kind of an answer I got before possibly hearing things like "you're going to need a fusion" from any of my doctors after they see the images.

Has anyone here ever had a Lumbar or other spinal fusion procedure? Does anyone know if it is possible to continue to snowboard after having one? Or if that is in my future, will I be finished with snowboarding?

I can't help wondering what happens if you fall hard on your ass or "Scorp" with a bunch of nuts n bolts screwed into the vertebrae. If you hit hard enough could they rip the vertebrae apart?

At this point, I'm officially scared (…actually, lets make that terrified!) about my prospects. If you check the "My Spines" thread and look at my latest, post op MRI. It don't look good. I am pretty sure I will be losing my job. If I need another surgery? It would mean another 6--8-10 weeks for procedure and recovery time. My job won't be there that long. BUT,… If it means I can never snowboard again?

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
2014/15

Last edited by chomps1211; 08-28-2014 at 07:40 PM.
chomps1211 is online now   Reply With Quote