Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Happiness? Off-season/snow-season + no mates
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2014, 10:00 AM   #10 (permalink)
PalmerFreak

I'll preface my reply by stating that most of the knowledge that I have about the medical field is from shows like House and ER so I maybe off base.

I'm not sure how things work in England but it sounds like you're still in medical school. Here in the states it usually takes 4 years to finish college and then at least another 4 years to complete medical school so I don't think there are too many 23 year old doctors here.

I'm guessing that you knew about the long hours before you decided to go into the medical field or did it come as a surprise? It's easy to tell people what they should do but if I were you I'd suck it up for two years and finish medical school. Hit up as any 5 day snowboard trips as you can (I'm guessing the resorts in France are the closest) to try to keep progressing and once you can move go for it. You're only 23 and once you can practice as a doctor you could move just about anywhere you want and live a great lifestyle - don't be short sighted. However, if you're truly having second thoughts about your profession, then you need to find something that makes you happy.

I think Argo is in the medical field so I'm guessing he will have some good advice.

EDIT: Argo posted while I was typing............

Last edited by PalmerFreak; 08-30-2014 at 10:03 AM.
PalmerFreak is offline   Reply With Quote