Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Opinions on camber style
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2014, 10:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Mammoth Lifty

Rocker/Flat/Rocker is for a park or jib board. It gives you a loose feel when buttering and jibbing and will be sketchy when hitting higher speeds. Although this will give you great float in powder.

Rocker/Camber/Rocker is also a good profile for a park board that is more for jumping because of the camber under feet. It will still have a looser feel to it. But this will give you decent float in pow.

If you want an All mountain board you probably shouldn't be looking for rocker dominant boards. If you're really set on going with a hybrid camber I would look into a Camber/Rocker/Camber board. It gives you a really stable platform on groomers because of the camber dominant profile and when you're in powder the rockered center will help you float. The cambered tip and tail will give you good pop for ollies and nollies.

I have two boards that I ride the most. I have a 156 Gnu space case for my all mountain board and a 152 Rome garage rocker for the days when its slushy and I don't want to destroy my main stick. the space case has ec2btx which is mervins way of saying elliptical camber in the tip and tail and rocker under foot. This is a great profile for an everyday ripper. It's the board I ride in the park, on groomers, and in the powder. It holds up really well to everything, but I saw it excel most in a bigger park and its a fun carving board. My garage rocker is flat between the insert packs and a small amount of rocker on the outside of the inserts. the flat rocker combo felt looser and it's better for jibbing because of the nice flat base that stuck to the rails like glue.

If this is your first board purchase I would honestly go and demo a couple different boards with different profiles at your local hill. If that isn't possible definitely consider a camber/rocker/camber or a camber/flat/camber for an all mountain board that will do everything.

Some suggestions for an all mountain/ pow board would be Lib's Hot knife, Nitro's Uberspoon, Bataleon's Whatever (only if you want TBT), Gnu's BillyGoat, and salomon's Man's Board.

Good Luck!

Last edited by Mammoth Lifty; 08-30-2014 at 11:08 AM.
Mammoth Lifty is offline   Reply With Quote