Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Newb: did I buy the correct setup?
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2014, 09:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
Adamw.

Default Newb: did I buy the correct setup?

Hey guys let me first say I'm new to the forum and thanks for any help and thanks for having me.

I have snowboarded a total of 6 days ever and I love it. Hoping to get some more time to learn this winter.I'm 24 y/o somewhat athletic. I have a history in racing quads, motocross, wake boarding, skateboarding, and bmx. I'm 6'4" 205lbs. I've rode all-mountain only... Never tried the park or jumps yet but my start trying some jumps this winter. I'm confident on any blue hill I've tried and link turns well. I'm also want to start trying some switch riding and some black hills.

Ok now for the setup I bought. I bought a 165w lib-tech skunk ape, GNU psych rear entry bindings, and DC Avaris boots.

Obviously haven't had a chance to have it out on snow yet but hoping to about mid way through December. Boot fit perfect and are comfortable just around the house but the boot don't agree well with the rear entry bindings but are manageable.

Do you guys think this will be a good setup to progress on?

Thanks,
Adam
Adamw. is offline   Reply With Quote