Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Burton Cartel ReFlex sizing (M or L)..?
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 03:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
CK1000

Default Burton Cartel ReFlex sizing (M or L)..?

Just posted this as a reply to a question in another thread, but figured I'd post this in it's own thread to make it easier to find since I've seen so many questions about whether to get Medium or Large size in the Cartels. Maybe this will help someone out before they buy the wrong size...

- Remember that w/ Burton bindings you are stuck with what the holes in the disks give you as far as moving the binding "port to starboard" (and the older ones had 5 choices as far as what holes you could use, the newer ones only give you 3)...

IMHO, Large Burton bindings (in the Cartel at least), w/ smaller-footprint boots, are for maybe more like Size 12+. If you're in that size 10.5-12 range, do yourself a favor and check a M/L Cartel with your boots before you buy...

For reference: I have a pair of the Thirty-Two Lashed in Sz. 13 and w/ Cartels in Large, and using the screw holes closest to the back of the disks (holes nearest to the highbacks, pushing the bindings as far forward as you can with them), it puts the boots centered about perfect (equal heel/toe overhang).
I know Burton says their bindings in Large are for 10+, and I had expected to at least have to use the middle of the three "overhang-adjustment hole" choices in the discs for a Sz.13; but if I do w/ these boots, it's all heel-overhang and the toes of the boots barely poke over the edges...

Pics are worth 1000... '13/'14 Cartel ReFlex + '13/'14 ThirtyTwo Lashed size US13 (rear binding at -6, and the Capstrap toe-strap makes it look like there's more toe overhang than there actually is...)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2287.jpg (98.8 KB, 256 views)

Last edited by CK1000; 09-02-2014 at 04:16 PM.
CK1000 is offline   Reply With Quote