Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Trading on this Site

2K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  pzimm373 
#1 ·
I have been involved with this site for a few months now and absolutely love the community. Everyone is willing to help each other out, and give their honest opinions.

Although the community is very opening I am a bit worried about trading equipment.
What if I don't get what I wanted? Now the other person scammed me out of my deck.

What happens if this occurs. I know this site is responsible.
Is there anyway to protect against this?
Any suggestions?

#2 ·
I have been involved with this site for a few months now and absolutely love the community. Everyone is willing to help each other out, and give their honest opinions.

Although the community is very opening I am a bit worried about trading equipment.
What if I don't get what I wanted? Now the other person scammed me out of my deck.

What happens if this occurs. I know this site is responsible.
Is there anyway to protect against this?
Any suggestions?

This site is responsible?! Noo
It's up to you if you're willing to risk trading equipment with someone on the interwebz. I've done it and had no problem. Just do a lot of communication

#3 ·
This site is responsible?! Noo
It's up to you if you're willing to risk trading equipment with someone on the interwebz. I've done it and had no problem. Just do a lot of communication[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry. I meant to say not responsible. I know that what happens can not be held against this site.

#4 ·
From what I've found communication is key. I haven't bought anything off this site in particular, but I have a few others just ask questions, the op more than likely doesn't have anything to hide. And if they don't answer your questions it wasn't the board for you. :thumbsup:

#9 ·
Here's a couple rules of thumb:

1) Trust no-one. What I mean by this is, no matter how active on the forums, how good the communication is, etc. Always use paypal with protection (don't click personal transaction, I made that mistake)

2) If you're really worried, deal in person and with cash.

3) Take the time to carefully check the equipment over, or ask for LOTS of pictures if buying through mail. Anybody that's not willing to allow you to take the time could be trying to swindle you.

#10 ·
I second poutanens suggestions. I've bought and sold stuff from fellow forum members a few times and it worked out well on each occasion. There was lots of communication back and forth before any of the deals were done and we used PayPal for each transaction. I would recommend that if the deal seems too good to be true and you get any weird vibes while conversing back and forth to just walk away.

#11 ·
I second poutanens suggestions. I've bought and sold stuff from fellow forum members a few times and it worked out well on each occasion. There was lots of communication back and forth before any of the deals were done and we used PayPal for each transaction. I would recommend that if the deal seems too good to be true and you get any weird vibes while conversing back and forth to just walk away.
There is no money involved. Just board for board, is pay pal still an option?

#18 ·
What do you think the boards are worth? What you can do is send each other the same amount of money via paypal. You'll each pay a small fee (I think it's 4% or so but check for yourself), but you'll BOTH have protection that way.

Say you send a perfectly good board to the guy, and he sends you a hunk of crap. You can file a paypal dispute and get your money back, and you've effectively sold your good board for what it was worth.

Just my $0.02 of course

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.