Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Help with Breckenridge please
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 09:55 AM   #9 (permalink)
killclimbz
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabuhrer View Post
You have no idea. When I first saw it, I almost cried, haha. There's a fucking gondola that picks you up in the parking lot and takes you to Peak 7. So of course, you get to Peak 7 now and it's just a sea of Cornhusker jackets and cowboy hats It's a shame. On the flip side, Peak 8 is now a ghost town and you'll find that it actually has some pretty nice runs (I never knew cause I was always shredding 7!). Transworld actually did this year's Good Wood gear review test on Peak 8. Last year, I spent most of my Breck time on Peak 8 and Peak 10. 9 is still flat and generally crappy, but it is not as crowded as it used to be.

Another peak would be nice . However, after spending the past few years at smaller places like A Basin, Loveland, Monarch and Winter Park, I appreciate Breck's sheer hugeness.
Winterpark smaller than Breck? HAHAHA! Breck had 2368 acres of terrain, Winterpark has over 3000 acres of Terrain. It's a much larger resort than Breck. In fact Winterpark is Colorado's fourth largest resort.

Also, Breck will get Peak 6 only if they can Steam roll the locals. Peak 6 is the best, safest, bc access in the Breckenridge area. If they add it, all you get is another maybe 600 acres of intermediate groomed packed out runs. Sorry, but it's probably going to be a long time before they get it, if ever. There is a major fight with legal challenges brewing over that one.
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote