Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Board Size Too Short for me?

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  xbeaus 
#1 ·
Hi All,

First off, my specs: i'm 6'1", and weigh between 165-170lbs. I have a park board (k2 www) at 152 and was looking for an all mountain boaard which i could still use in the park from time to time.

I was looking at a bataleon goliath, and found one at a 157 and a 153. I tend to prefer shorter boards, but do you think the 153 would be too small for me to use as an all mountain / powder board? Or should I just go with the 157 instead?

Thanks,

JP

#2 ·
Thanks for the input snowolf,

I was worried that the extra length would make it harder for me to rotate on the ground. Also, I live on the east coast, so i don't get to do a lot of heavy pow riding, maybe once a year on a trip out to the midwest...I'm wondering whether that has an impact on your answer as well...as you probbaly know, east cost has lots of hardpack groomers, and ice....

Thanks,

JP

#3 ·
For all mountain maybe the 157 would be good for you,but I say this cause of your height since you might need a wider stance. I myself ride 155-156 for park and mountain and I'm 208lbs (weighed myself today):( So go figure. I think it mostly depends on the stiffness of the board. Have you considered a pipe board? They tend to be stiffer yet usable in the park. Look at any pipe board thats twin shaped.

#4 ·
Thanks Laz,

I also would figure that the stiffness of the board would come into play when riding all mountain...i've heard it also depends on the type of board too, whehter it's got regular camber, or whether it's rockered..since rockered boards have more contact points on the snow, i hear u can size down on them....I've really wnated to try a bataleon board too, but not sure if their triple based technology allows you to size down since there is supposedly camber on their boards, but the nose and tail are "spoon" shaped..anyhow, thanks for the advice.

G
#5 ·
Depends on how you ride and your personal preference really. I ride a 161 Custom X through everything. Pow, Trees, Park you name it. the weight and waist dimensions of your board will make a difference as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.