Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Binding help for a Custom X

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Jeff325 
#1 ·
I recently bought a 168cm 09 Burton Custom X with the ICS set-up, and was wondering what kind on binding I should go with. Either way it's going to be a Burton EST style binding but it's between the Cartel and the CO2. The CO2 has a response rating of 8 while the Cartel has a 7 and is roughly $120 cheaper. I'm an intermediate rider and I'm mainly using this board for Straight lining groomers, hitting kickers and playing around on the odd press box or rail now and then. Is the extra response in the CO2 really worth the extra cash?

#3 ·
This.
If you're an intermediate rider there's no reason the cartel's won't suit you.
Hell of a deal on last years model est's as well.
I ride an est jeremy jones with these un inc ics bindings.
Overall i just love how it rides.
Pretty thrashworthy, you won't regret buying that burton.
Happy shredding

#5 ·
go to sierra snowboards. they've got the cartel ests brand new for $125. cant beat that.

#11 ·
Yeah that's a sic price for EST bindings but american companies, online or not, can't ship Burton, Anon, R.E.D, or any other Burton affiliated product across the boarder up to Canada. Burton and the Companies that carry Burton up here, have an exclusive shipping agreement that forces you to go to board shops instead of shopping deals online. That's why Burton products are so expensive here.

Seems fairly stupid on Burton's part seeing as Whistler/Blackcomb, Revelstoke, Powderking, and the Banff resorts just to name a few, are all in Canada. Poor business model for sure if you are placing limitations of access to your product on half a contenent.

G
#7 ·
I have an 08 Custom X. Used Cartels mixed with Missions for a while. I switched to Ride Contrabands with the integreated tow strap for one big strap. It's pure magic. They don't cost that musch either and perform great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.