Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Dark Series VS. T Rice
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 12:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Soawsome

Default Dark Series VS. T Rice

Hey guys, i am looking to purchase a new board this year and need some help and opinions to assist me in making my choice.

I currently have a 162 GNU altered genetics with MTX( first year the btx came out only on the SB)
i am 6 foot 2 inches, i weight about 200 lbs with a size 12.5 boot.

I mostly just freeride down the mountain and most the time i am charging/racing. I occasionally go to the park, i would say 75% charging/racing and 25% at the park. I live on the Ice coast and go to Mountain Creek in NJ mostly with several weekend trips to Killington VT.

I have had several Mervin MFG boards and i have loved all of them. So i narrowed my choices down to the Dark series c2btx and the Trice c2btx. There is very little info i could find on these boards being so early in the season and from lack of lib-techs board descriptions.

Most important to me is the stability in the board at high speeds on ice/hardpack, I cant be catching edges since i cant afford a injury in the short season on the ice coast .

Considering my boot size if i choose to get the dark series i will get the Wide version. The dark series comes in a 161W and a 164W while the t-rice comes in a 161.5 pointy and a 164.5 pointy. Also what size board do you think will suit me best. I ride a 162 now but that i also the biggest board i have ridden.

Any input or help you guys can provide will be greatly appreciated.
Soawsome is offline   Reply With Quote