Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Drake Supersport bindings?
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 08:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
BoardTheSnow73

I've got some Supersports. 07/08 I think, but I don't think they have changed much. I don't have much to compare them to but I think they are pretty good. They are a freestyle binding as advertised. They have pretty good response front to back and are flexible side to side (I am 250lbs so they are more flexible for me than the average rider). Ankle strap is wide and hasn't given me any sore spots. They say the toe strap can be used as a cap, but it slips up on my Moto's. I've only riden them for ~=14 days so I can't speak to the durablity. So far, just one thread on the ankle strap started unraveling, but I cut it off and it didn't go any further. The ratchets work well but iced up on me a few times (this could be my fault for leaving them undone on the lift).
They seem to be pretty average weight, but then again I haven't had a lot to compare them to.
They've got average adjustablility:
Heel cup can move back 3 positions to center you on the board.
Toe ramp moves out in 3 different positions to give you more toeside response
Tool-less highback adjustment is quick and easy
Ankle strap can only be mounted in 1 location
Mounting disks have continuous grooves rather than a set # of holes so you have more costumization but you've got to keep the screws tight or the bindings can slide.
BoardTheSnow73 is offline   Reply With Quote