Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Your Snowboard Vehicle.

383K views 2K replies 556 participants last post by  speedjason 
G
#1 ·
New to the forums. Currently have a BMW 330xi as my vehicle to get to the mountain. See where that's a problem? More than a couple inches on the road and I am screwed..

Looking for input on what vehicles you all drive to the mountain. I have about 12k to put into this. Maybe more.

Thanks for input--

-Alex

#150 ·
My ride = 2008 Ford Ranger Extended cab with 4wd. Kinda chugs the gas for a v6 but makes up for it in the power dept. I put 4 sandbags in the back, or its almost impossible to not spin the tires in snow. Wolfs dead on as far as feathering the throttle & adding weight to the rear.

G
#163 ·
^ nice.

i have a 2000 audi a4 quattro 1.8t. i highly recommend it. the 1.8t engine offers a great compromise of power and fuel efficiency. i live in tahoe in the winter and it handles the snow very well. i have a room rack for my board which is great because it keeps all the snow and ice out of the car.

when all the snow is gone it's great for cruising on the freeway to the beach or the desert or wherever...

alasdair

G
#184 ·
When not flying to CO, I drive out in my Honda Pilot. All wheel drive, nice new tires this season, thule holds all my gear so family and dog have plenty of play space. 5 weeks till my first drive out, tick toc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.