Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Park Etiquette
Thread: Park Etiquette
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 06:46 AM   #62 (permalink)
Snowjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabuhrer View Post
I see what you're saying, but I feel that I should point out that this is a pretty irresponsible statement. I think it is pretty standard for people to cruise through a park that they have never been through once to just check out all the features. Riding through over and over with no intention of hitting anything is stupid and you will be in the way, but there's nothing wrong with a quick once-over to scope out the features and landings, so long as you stay moving, call your drops, put a safe distance between you and everyone else, and generally be safe and respect everyone else there. This is standard procedure for every safety tip list I've ever read, and I know that a lot of instructors specifically tell people to cruise through the park once before trying anything big.

I don't like it when kids just hang out in the way any more than anyone else, but if you're mowing down kids just to be an asshole then you're not helping either.
Agreed, in fact we usually take a recon lap through the park every morning just to see whats up, you never know what the groomers have managed to fuck up overnight.
Snowjoe is offline   Reply With Quote