Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

What's my eact size, I here so many diffrent things

1K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  RidePowder 
G
#1 ·
Im about 5'9, weighing about 175. My shoe/boot size is about 12.5 to 13ish. At one point I thought buying a 156W was ok from what I heard, but I looked at a sizing chart that was pretty broad. It said anything with a show size about 10.5 should wear 26cm or more

Snowboard Sizing Chart

Is that right? What sizes should I consider before i buy my board?

G
#3 ·
I am a similar size to you (6', 180 pounds, size 12 boot).

You want a waist width of about 265mm give or take.
The Forum Recon would be too narrow.

156W to 160W would be your size range depending on what riding you like to do. 156W for all-mountain/park, 160W for all-mountain/free-ride/powder.

The shorter board will turn faster and be easier to learn on.

G
#4 · (Edited)
I found this nifty lil calculator, I don't know how accurate it is
Snowboard Sizing Guide, Size Calculator

but it told me about 157-159 with the WW between 259-265 mm. One of the available sizes was the forum at 158W, but it's ww is 258mm, will the much off still cause drag or should I keep shopping? It's important to know since the only ones left are second boards (meaning the weird knicks and dents or whatever happens when they manufacture it and slightly damage the graphic design)

Also if I adjust the calc to say Im a size 12 boot, it changes my WW range to 255mm-261 suggesting 258

#7 ·
i ride a wide with 10.5s, i dont see myself ever getting a regular width board as im much more comfortable on at the least a mid wide. length is mainly personal preference mixed with what your riding style is. my park board is a 152w, and i also haev a 154MW that i use on days where im not goin in the park or pow is out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.