Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Anyone Going to A-Basin Opening Day Tomorrow? WROD!!!

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  tomtom88 
#1 ·
Anyone else planning on going to ride the white ribbon of death? Just curious. Should be a shit show but I CANT WAIT! I want to take my shit board but soooo need another ride on the Evo-R so it's all ready to go! Green forces look awesome on it.....9am can't come soon enough! Cheers to the season!

#2 ·
Gotta work.... And if this snow shit keeps up I may be on standby Saturday as well which wouldn't allow me to ride..... I really need to hear back from some of these jobs I've applied for.

#4 ·
^^
I think you missed Fluids humor.

Saw pictures of Loveland yesterday and they actually had a nice 18" base on the run that was open.... I saw no brown or slush anywhere... Coulda just not been captured by a camera though, I dunno.

#7 ·
I went to A-basin yesterday (saturday). I thought it was. Complete zoo in the afternoon. It took us about 1 hour to make the loop. After 3 though, you could almost walk up to the lift. 5 minutes max. I had a couple of impacts with other folks. That wasn't my fault (newbs?)

We made seven runs from 9am to 3:30pm. Snow coverage was good. I took my brand new board with me and had no problems. There was one spot with some exposed rocks peaking throgh. I just avoided that spot.

I'm stoked! I needed that sooooo bad! Meds for the soul.

#8 ·
I have to say it was pretty good! Crowd and lift line sucked but it was totally worth it. I rocked the singles line most of the day and it wasn't bad. The snow was way better then I thought it would be. Didn't make a run through the park unfortunately. I wanted to but it was packed and it was the first day so no reason to kill myself yet. I just basically cruised around...pressed and buttered. Soooo fun. I soooo needed that! Glad the season has begun!!!

Picture of mine and my girls boards the night before, frehly waxed with Bluebird!

#9 ·
Nice Fluid!

I hit the Basin yesterday and today and today was def more fun.... Conditions were a lil better yesterday but there wasn't near the amount of douchebags. Overall the amount of people was roughly the same, but the idiots seemed to stay home.

Good weekend

#11 ·
I really hate you all...:D

Sitting up here in the PNW high and dry without anything even worth hiking to...damn El Nino.....:thumbsdown:
Try living here and being stuck at home sick with the flu. :( My furnace has decided to act up too. :mad:

I can't wait to make it up to Winter Park on Saturday. Friends, BBQ, and a look-see at how things are progressing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.