Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Help me Identify this board

8K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  legallyillegal 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a new board, mainly for park. I think I may have found something used for approx $330 (Sellers asking price...I'll probably be able to haggle this down a bit). I want to look into it first before I purchase it but I'm not sure of the model. He believes its a K2 A-star but when I google it, I get a completely different board.

Thanks for help!

See less See more
#5 ·
I wouldnt pay 330 for it..US to CAD is more or less 1:1 now conversion wise...

The name of the board is in the second picture, but the flash or the glare is right over top of it..i can see XXXXXRED59 WIDE i cant quite make out the rest...

It definately doesnt say A-Star...

What is your weight and boot size? It maybe worth it if you can talk him down enough. But for the love of god dont buy his used boots, waste of money as they are already molded to his foot.

#8 · (Edited)
Actually, it wasn't discontinued (well it was, but was somewhat brought back), but it doesn't appear in the K2 catalog.

That board is a 2009 AStar 159 Wide, and actually has a structured base, which isn't common on an entry-level board like the AStar.

$300 CAD for the boards+bindings+boots isn't bad.

#10 · (Edited)
Good to know legally..i still think its overpriced...

Admittedly i can only find 1 site on the entire internet selling this board and its a 152 but it looks like its going for 220 bucks brand new. Freestyle bindings are like 65 bucks new for 2009's...

I'd offer him 175-200 bucks for the board + bindings...show him the prices for new gear and he should take it considering its used, 300 is absurd thats more than new. If he paid 600 he got robbed or has some really expensive boots...
K2 Astar Snowboard - Google Product Search
Burton Freestyle Bindings - Google Product Search

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.