Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Bay Area FIrst SnowStorm

5K views 53 replies 10 participants last post by  KIRKRIDER 
#1 · (Edited)
Yessss....it's that time again...Blowing snow in Kirkwood!!! Can't wait to get my first pow fix.
WEB CAM

CAr is ready, new All season tires..I need to put my bindings back on the board and Im ready to go....

#8 ·
The Northeast is expecting snow Thursday into Friday in the Katskills and Vermont nothing major. But this time of year is useless to get excited since most resorts won't open til T-giving weekend. I remember last year Hunter mountain and the Katskills got dumped on with 28inches ,two days before Halloween only for all of it to melt a week later.

#20 ·
No doubt! Last two seasons were bogus...

I AM DYING TO GO UP!!! Luckily my roommate's little nephew is having a birthday party next Saturday in Sacremento (gives me a reason to drive up that way) so we are going to either head up early, catch some lines, then back down for the party or party, sleep and head early Sunday. Can't decide which will be the better option.

If we head up early Saturday, I wouldn't be able to ride as long as if we were to go Sunday, but if we go Sunday, then I have to do the whole trip back to San Jose Sunday night and then have to get up @6am for work the next day....
What do you guys think?

#21 · (Edited)
Just go for sunday. Youll be able to handle the 6am wakeup because youll be so stoked on snowboarding.

Im going to drive 8 hours on 4 because all the other passes are closed from 10pm-5am or so sleep till 8am and then drive all the way back at the end of the day just so i can ride mammoth. Im what you call

GNARLY

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.