Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Gnu Carbon Credit Series Vs. Ride Machete
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 08:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
MidwestDivision

Default Gnu Carbon Credit Series Vs. Ride Machete

So i usually don't make these kind of threads but I want to know what you guys think:

I recently ordered a Gnu C.C.S. from my local shop and still waiting on it. I liked that it was in the $400 range, had banana tech, and had magna traction. I like how each deck is made by Mervin in WA. But what is bugging me is that they say the deck is for beginners to intermediates and that it has an extruded base(not really a big deal b/c it'll be easier for me to repair and I'm not worried about speed).

I have been riding for probably 12 or so years and just getting back into it after taking the last two seasons off. I started reading up on the Ride Machete and like what I see. I like that it is only $30 more, has slime walls, has lowrize rocker, and geared more towards the intermediate to experienced rider.

I'm not a big park guy but like to mess around in it. I like cruising the slopes and working on my butter tricks. Which do you guys suggest? Should I call and cancel my Gnu and get a Ride?

Thanks for looking!