Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Gnu Carbon Credit Series Vs. Ride Machete
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 10:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Nivek
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by burritosandsnow View Post
the machete is marketed as jib specific ... it seems like its just a kink with lowrize .. its also very narrow check the waist widths b4 you commit to it... the dh2 from Ride is a little closer to the style of board that the CCS is
Woah woah, WHAT? Maybe you're confusing the Crush with the Machete. The Machete is stiffer in the middle and torsionally than a DH2 and much stiffer than a Kink. The Crush is the one thats basically the Kink with lowrize.

Honestly, I would choose the Machete. The Ride board designer spent forever getting the board dialed. More responsive in the middle and a little softer in the tips to help with jibs. Really good for someone looking for like a 70/30 split Mountain/Park but still wants a true twin. I came very close to getting that board this year. I prefer 3 stage anti-camber to rocker. I feel much more solid with the uplift outide my feet instead of between. And as ride says, "Don't bring a banana to a Machete fight!"

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote