Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Weight training
Thread: Weight training
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2009, 01:44 PM   #46 (permalink)
Music Moves
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyInfamous'Girl View Post
Thank you! Because a lot of people argue with me day in and day out and they swear by these protein shakes and supplements and they can't live without it etc etc. Unless you dont have time to eat protein and drink some calcium after a workout, then yes these shakes will be beneficial to you, but you must use it as a meal replacement! All the extra protein your body doesn't need turns right into adipose tissue...a.k.a FAT!

One protein shake I use (as a meal replacement) is optimum nutrition. You are getting straight protein without all the other crazy stuff thats in these things. Mix it with half low fat milk, half water, and you got yourself a pretty nutritous shake...Professionals are now saying that calcium after a workout is just as important as protein, if not more.

Yeah, weight lifting is great for muscle and bone density, but only if you get the right amount of calcium.

Yes it would help with recovery time after a workout, but my suggestion to you would be to add some flax seed oil to your diet as well. Yes sounds gross, but just take a deep breath, hold your nose and swallow it. Or you could just eat flax seeds (make sure they are ground flax seeds first or your body wont be able to digest it). Both of these natural foods are great for healing muscles and any injuries. Flax seed oil is also great for your joints. Look it up...It has so many health benefits! I know people think of bones when they hear calcium, but just like I said before, its also extremely important to your muscles as well. So take some calcium supplements also. Good luck!
There is a peanut butter called Naturally More that uses a flax oil base (also contains flax seeds) and I eat it almost everyday... good stuff... Naturally More - What Peanut Butter Should Be
Music Moves is offline   Reply With Quote