Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Ride NRC's
Thread: Ride NRC's
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 04:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
lisevolution
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlude97 View Post
I have the 09 NRC's and I like them a lot. The canted footbeds are the real deal, they help with knee angles and overall comfort. As far as the flex, the highbacks are inbetween the MVMT highbacks and the SPi/CAD highbacks. The ankle strap feels ~the same as an 09 Delta strap in terms of stiffness, but the '10 has a new ankle strap which I can't comment on. They are a bit heavy, and if I were purchasing new gear this year, I would opt for the SPi's or Delta's instead depending on if you are leaning freeride/freestyle, which are lighter bindings with the wedgie footbeds. Pretty the NRc is the most adjustable of the freestyle orientated all mountain Ride bindings. I would put them into the category as the Rome Targas which I've also had previously.
First off thanks to both of you for your input. I'm gonna have to see if I can get my hands on a pair at some point this season and give em a couple of runs. I loved my SPi's but after riding them a couple of years my knees and back were starting to pay the price from the overall stiffness. Redlude, your assessment that they're similar to the Targas is about what I was expecting to hear. I'm not concerned with the weight as I weigh a huge amount so an extra couple of ounces isn't going to make a shit of difference! I was very close to picking up the Targas when I got the Data's but I felt like they were too similar to SPi's at the time and wanted something a tad bit softer but not as soft as the MVMNT series was when I demoed which is why I went with the Union's. I love the unions and may also go the Force MC route but after dealing with the PITA of the Union cap strap and it sliding off the toe on a regular basis I'm leaning to going back to Ride
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote