Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Ride NRC's
Thread: Ride NRC's
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 05:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
redlude97
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisevolution View Post
First off thanks to both of you for your input. I'm gonna have to see if I can get my hands on a pair at some point this season and give em a couple of runs. I loved my SPi's but after riding them a couple of years my knees and back were starting to pay the price from the overall stiffness. Redlude, your assessment that they're similar to the Targas is about what I was expecting to hear. I'm not concerned with the weight as I weigh a huge amount so an extra couple of ounces isn't going to make a shit of difference! I was very close to picking up the Targas when I got the Data's but I felt like they were too similar to SPi's at the time and wanted something a tad bit softer but not as soft as the MVMNT series was when I demoed which is why I went with the Union's. I love the unions and may also go the Force MC route but after dealing with the PITA of the Union cap strap and it sliding off the toe on a regular basis I'm leaning to going back to Ride
The NRC footbed is super thick, and combined with the "suspension" system they use they provide a lot of cushion. If you only issue with the SPi was stiffness, then the NRC's or CADs would be a great choice
redlude97 is offline   Reply With Quote