Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Returning boarder seeking advice (with special concerns)
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 08:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Anor

Good news for big footed riders is new boots this season are really cutting out the bulk and a size 14 typically has the footprint of something in the 12-13 range of older boots. Invest in good boots and work around them. Duck your stance a little if you have to 18/-15 might work. I have small feet but I've used that stance since I was 13 years old. Definitely look at a wide board, but spend more time sizing a boot up best you can. Chances are you really ride a 13 boot and have one that's too big. It's a mistake 90% of new riders make. I rode boots a size too big the first 7 years of riding. Read the Boot Fitting section of this Forum, it has a sticky above these. If you weigh 200lbs you can do freestyle on a fairly large board 158-162 and won't have a problem finding a wide board to suit you. Just focus on the boots, and don't cheap out on them. I also highly recommend getting a footbed from Superfeet if you can fit them in a bigger boot. Good luck man.
Anor is offline   Reply With Quote