Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Bring on the snow!
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-03-2009, 02:21 PM
newbiesara

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Bring on the snow!

Hi,

I introduced myself in the intro's thread but for the sake of a new thread i'll do it again. My name is Sara im from Kitchener Ontario. I've never been snowboarding but ALWAYS wanted to learn. This year i have shed 40lbs and finally throwing away all the excuses in my life and decided its the year i hit the slopes.

Plan is to buy snowpants, jacket and base layer when i have a shopping trip to US in a couple weeks. I don't even own a waterproof jacket or i would prob make do with old stuff.

Then when it snows (waiting not so patiently....) Im gonna do the 4 hour "discover snowboarding" group lesson at the local hill its $59 for the liftpass/rental/lesson. Then a friend and I are gonna go in on a few private lessons ($79 for 1hr lesson/liftpass/rental). I plan on renting the gear for the first little while - although i did ask for gift cards to my local ski/snowboard shop from santa

Then if i am into it i will buy some gear this season - probably boots and a helmet, then i can work on bindings and a board for next year...

Pretty sad - never been but already thinking about dropping $$. Trust me I don't have a problem spending $$ on a sport i've never tried - but people keep telling its not logical They don't know me very well... lol.