Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

ride kink or burton dom?

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Nivek 
#1 ·
i would like to hit booters up to 45 feet, but i also want a flexy board that is easily pressed and have narrowed my choices down to... 10 ride kink...09 burton domination....also i dont think it will happen but what about a parkstar. the board has to be wide

#5 ·
I can't really personally vouch for the other two boards, but I can say that I don't take my kink off of jumps that big. Landings get squirrley. They're manageable, but it only takes one bad landing to possibly mess up the season so I don't risk it. If I'm going to hit kickers, I take my beater board out for the day. I've heard good things about the parkstar.

#7 ·
if you ride park, i would say a 157 for your weight is too much. when i weighed that much i was riding 150 artifacts.

being said, the dom is weird. the flex pattern is not a true twin pattern meaning the tail is stiffer. i find the board to be pretty stiff actually for a park deck.

#8 ·
At your weight and at that size that board would be just a street board...

Parkstar definitely. Doms are directionally designed when it comes to flex. Kinks have been one of the softest boards for a long time. Great jib board, not a great jump board.

Another board you might want to check is the CAPiTA Indoor FK, its only $399 so only $50 more than the Kink, and it will do what you want well. Or something cheaper than a '10 kink is a '10 Stairmaster, and it will do want you want well too.

Something around a 153-156.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.