Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Anyone want a new SSX?

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  LuckyStrike 
#1 ·
I used to love the SSX games. My favorite was the 3rd. I didnt really like on tour or blur as much, but I really wish they would make another one like SSX 3. Anyone agree?

G
#5 ·
I think we share the same sentiment there!! The minute I found out I had NO REAL CONTROL in SSX like you do in Amped, I began to get disgusted. It was "fun
" for like 10-15 mins til I figured the game was doing the controlling for me and then it was just OVER....back in the box it went and back to Amped for me. Same with Transworld Snowboarding, fun for awhile then it was like MEH...BACK TO AMPED!!!!

G
#8 ·
yeah, I think we are in the same boat. Amped 1 & 2 have probably been the best I have played in recent years. I think Shawn Palmer series I played a decent amount, iirc. Then of course 1080 snowboarding was the shit.

Haven't had a chance to try Stoked, I didn't even realize another snowboarding video game came out this past year.
If you are thinking of buying Stoked just buy Stoked: Big Air on the 24th. No point in buying the original.

#12 ·

I think they should make a snowboard simulation game for the off season. A game that doesn't need to be unrealistic and colorful just to sell to the general public.

Amped 2 was able to acheive this for the most part, but these other games can't be played for more than 20 minutes without getting boring. That is not snowboarding.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.