Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Alaska

11K views 26 replies 16 participants last post by  nicolas 
#1 ·
Well for some of us season is just around the bend so i figured i would post some pictures from last year. We had an amazing snow year up here last year thats aloud us to ride well into the summer. If i can find snow in sep i should be able to mark riding all 12 months of the year off my list rather easy. Enjoy the pictures, all backcountry hike in areas.
Glacial landform Geological phenomenon Massif Mountain Slope

Blue Sky Geological phenomenon Snow Winter

Snow Ice Glacial landform Sky Arctic

Mountainous landforms Snow Mountain Winter Glacial landform

White Snow Geological phenomenon Freezing Winter

Snow Geological phenomenon Winter Sky Slope

Text Font Blackboard

Sky Nature Black Atmospheric phenomenon Green

Sky Nature Aurora Atmospheric phenomenon Geological phenomenon

See less See more
#10 ·
Wow! Great pictures!
I've been trying to get up to Alaska the past 2 years, Have you gone to Valdez for Tailgate?
Moving to Anchorage area is the goal next spring. Hope I can find a good bar tending job somewhere waiting for me.

#11 ·
Wow! Great pictures!
Hope I can find a good bar tending job somewhere waiting for me.
If you can get a job at the sits you can get a season pass out of the deal too.

My usual haunt in Hatcher Pass. Is this area in your pics in the Turnigan Pass area? I have been wanting to explore this area.

I am planning my trip this year for early March. Last year, I went in late March and it was about 2 weeks past prime so moving it up a bit. Let`s stay in touch as I always bring the split with me and will be looking for new areas; especially Turnigan Pass....:thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

I went to hatchers 2 days out of 70+ backcountry days last season, its sucks more then its good in my opinion. The pass has more snow and better lines i think. maybe ill see you up here this year.

#16 ·
All these pictures are just south of Anchorage. If you ever make it up let me know ill point you in the right direction or ride with you.

Moving to Anchorage area is the goal next spring. Hope I can find a good bar tending job somewhere waiting for me.

Wow... now I'm getting really stoked. Thanks for the pics :thumbsup:

Will stay in AK next spring, still figuring out the exact plan, so far I intend to spend around 5 days in Aly. Studied the lift map and vids, looks like a great place.
Would be great to meet someone of you :)

#22 ·
Beautiful shots! The one with the dog is brilliant, pure joy!
Hope that snow will last this year till March. Did only get little fresh in Turnagain Pass last March

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.