Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - quality vs. fashion
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 01:06 PM   #13 (permalink)
Flick Montana
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxfinnellxx View Post
like the first thing i do, is check out what i want to find in like pants or jacket. Which i base my first decision on waterproofing and breathability. I HAVE to have the best stuff. Such as a 20k+/12mm+ specs into it when it comes to breathability and waterproofing. Then i check for its pockets and vents. Afterwards, it then boils down to if i like the fit and then style and see if it will look good in general. Im pretty self consious about the fasion part...so there has to be a pretty sick pattern or graphic to it. If i just like the article for its specs and it doesnt have any designs, then im cool going with a solid color.

Boards and stuff have to boil down to pure rideablility. I refuse to ride a board under 400 bux because ive owned a few under there and all of them just sucked compared to my old gnu riders choice. thats why this year im getting a lib skate banana. This year i have to have a anticambered board, and the innovators of that was libtech. I refuse to buy tag along things such as never summer and K2 when it comes to those kinds of innovations. And Magnetraction is such a bliss.

innovative snowboard concepts
-Magnetraction (Lib Tech)
-Anticamber/Banana tech (Lib Tech)
-horozontal non-symetrics (Gnu...Really Mervin/Lib tech but only gnu uses it with the narrow radius heel edge)
-Spooned contact points (burton)
-Lifted Edges (bataleon)
-ICS/Est with Cantbeds (Burton)

Graphics are filthy too, i dont wana ride a weird looking board all the time. Banana's are legit though, same with my old Gnu Riders Choice from 06/07 (RIP)
This is either a really good elitist-parody, or you're kind of a jagoff...
Rome Anthem 158
Flick Montana is offline   Reply With Quote