Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Burton gloves anyone have these?

5K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  SnowBrdScotty 
G
#1 ·
#4 ·
I second that. Every time someone say, "how about these gloves" I always counter with Swany X-Change II. I have the gloves and have never had any issues with them. Actually bought them in mittens this year for those super cold days. My girlfriend rocks the womens and loves them as well.

As far as burton gloves go, the one pair I had fell apart quickly. From grabs and dragging my hands the fingers quickly got cut up and had holes in them. The Swany's show no signs of wear and I have abused the hell out of them

#3 ·
#24 ·
I wear the AK line Goretex jacket and pants and they've been warm and bullet proof in all kinds of nasty weather. Plus they have plenty of room to bounce around in without making me look like I just broke out of prison.

#8 · (Edited)
Yeah I got the 2009 off sierra as well and i loved them. To be honest though 90% of the time I only ride with the liners. I only use the outer glove when it is a super cold/windy day, or i'll wear them on the lift and put them in my backpack while i'm riding. I also got the under mittens at the end of last season before a trip to utah and they are very warm! Also I have another pair of liners to wear haha. The liners are hot. The one from the under gloves was black with hot pink accents. For like 20-30 bucks you can't go wrong.

oh actually i will say that the liners + glove feel kind of bulky. Like it's hard to get your hand into the glove when you have the liners on, especially when you are already outside. I always rode with either the liners separately or either the gloves separately. It's a different story with the mittens - plenty of room in there without fingers.

#9 ·
i have the same glove, but the over-glove, under the vent zip is green, they got moist inside without the liners in, the liners have seams like no other, yes they are goretex, but they feel like a glove full of snakes, the palm material is better than ones with the leather'ish material, these are burtons $75's, they start at $50 for entry level gloves, i got mine on sale for $25 back in april, happy riding

#16 ·
Man Burton outwear is so hit or miss. I've had a couple of pairs of their gloves that were nice and one pair that fell apart in no time. What I've noticed is retail price tends to have a lot to do with their quality. Their budget outerwear line has the same rep. Falls apart quickly and doesn't last. Go with the AK line and you get pretty bomber construction. Got to love the big B...

G
#20 ·
The Burton stuff I've purchased is really not quality stuff. Pants, jacket, gloves, boots, board, etc... have to tell people to stop getting me burton gifts. The socks were satisfactory though. I would never pay retail for Burton, just not worth it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.