Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Regional: Eastern Canada

50K views 364 replies 61 participants last post by  faridk89 
#1 · (Edited)
This is the place for local information, carpooling, hooking up with riding partners, carpooling and making contacts in Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, Newfoundland, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island.

#172 ·
Hey... im planning a trip to tremblant sometime later in march. Just wanted to get some feedback from you. How was it? How much did you spend? Any tips? Where are the best places to go?

Any advice would help. I'm planning to rent a car and go with my girlfriend. I heard you can take a flight there with porter airlines for not that much too.

#176 ·
I want 2 head to tremblant...when would be a good time...maybe some deals?

like student week or something?

I know there is coors week and student week at blue mountain. :D

or when conditions are usually at their best?

BTW snowvalley SUCKS!

#179 ·
hmmm... hadn't even heard about these sessions you are talking about. i'll be at mount eden's giant peak tomorrow, saturday and sunday...

noticed it seemed busy the last few times out. but nothing crazy, just a tiny line at the lifts and a bunch of kids sitting on their asses in the park awaiting their friends to "hit" the jumps... actually.. mainly, they all hit the rails... in sad fashion.

maybe i'll see you guys out there.

#180 ·
I hit up louis today from about 1030 to 430... absolutely empty. It was one of the best sessions that i've had all year.
I cant get over how amazing the outback is this year. The lines and features are so sick, everything is buttery smooth, and you dont get any of the bullshit that you find in the junkyard (getting cut off, beat the fuck down kickers and landings, etc.). The 140 foot rail is something to behold also. There's no other way to describe it other than huge.

#181 ·
Cool, we're hitting Blue on Wed during the day. Hopefully, it'll be the same!

Haven't been to Louis yet this season, but maybe on Sunday. Went twice last year & snow was so much better than at Blue.

Also, I think Burton's gonna be at Glen Eden on March 6th doing free demos. Definitely checking that out!

#183 ·
hmmm... interesting. unfortunately, that is one day that i won't be able to make it out... lately, i've been going with some noobs and lending them my wife's old gear... would be nice for some of them i'm sure to try out new stuff. oh well, if they want to go they can get on it themsleves!

so has anyone been out on the "new" snow that we recieved? really sucks that its already trying to go away... but it was nice to actually see snow accumulating at least once this year.

#185 ·
Went to Blue for the day today. They got 8cm overnight & it was snowing while we were there...awesome conditions!

Fresh snow = courage

Tried a few small jumps, including the one in the "baby" park at the bottom of Happy Valley. Also loving the new 410 bypass...we can make the trip in under 2 hours now!

#188 ·
so i went down to florida right as all the snow was falling... i expected to come back to some nice new snow and finally seeing some winter...

so what the hell is this 13 degrees i see out there right now?! my lord... i wonder how long hills will stay open with this going on.

#194 ·
meh.. for me, i'm skippin gout on that most likely.. i'm all about deals. i'm not paying full price for stuff and at the show, the main stuff i look at is the new technology...

for me, my show starts this weekend... corbetts 50-90% off everything in the store sale... yay deals! if you guys need a new board, it really is worthwhile. i'll probably grab a new helmet for like 25 bucks.

#195 ·
Snowboard tuneups

I recall seeing a post on here asking about places in the GTA to get snowboards waxed, etc.

I came across this ad, and decided to give it a shot. This was in early Feb & I meant to give him a plug on this board, but totally forgot until now.

He did a great job & only charged $25 to wax & sharpen 2 boards. He even picked them up from my house & dropped them off the next day. He is located in Mississauga, but I think he covers pretty much the western GTA.

Highly recommended!

#197 ·
he's got the west side, i'm out in pickering if you're looking for a tuning or some tshirts. check out snowyunicornlove.blogspot.com if you're interested. Also at the show, it really depends on what you're looking at picking up, my buddy got some Smarty pants for 60% off last year and i got 40% off boots... sure its not 50-90%, but it can still be pretty solid deals

#200 ·
I went to my first Ski & Snowboard Travel Show last year and after all the hype, I was a bit disappointed. If anything, I found that the deals were mostly on snowboard accessories and lift ticket discounts. I noticed that the best deals I came across were the ones from local shops, the ones that are having the 40%-off-sale these days, and also just around the fall season. If it may help, you may want to subscribe to some stores' e-newsletter to get the heads up on when they'll be holding another sale.

#202 ·
yeah, most of the shops that had sales there, still have those sales going on. just quantity of product drops pretty huge after the show.

all their packages and stuff that didn't sell could even get cheaper, so go out and get those deals as the shops are switching over to wakeboards and bikes... or closing for the season.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.