Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Thigh Sprain - How Serious ?
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 11:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
SB4L

Unhappy Thigh Sprain - How Serious ?

I am fairly certain that I've strained my right thigh (back leg while boarding), which probably occurred on my first day at Baker the 14th, it felt really sore after that but I just attributed it to sore leg from having to keep the nose up in pow all day.

The second day, this past thurs the 19th at Whistler, I rode hard all day again and forgot to set stance back, and the muscle felt really weird immediately after, and the day after, with noticeable pain walking on it. So I stupidly went up saturday despite this, stretching it out (probably a bad idea) lots and just taking it "easy" - yeah right. Anyone paying attention to the past weeks storm cycle there knows that taking it easy is not an option there currently!

Now I realize there are no doctors on here, and I haven't seen one yet, but based on what googling tells me: Quadriceps (Thigh) Strain Injury , I have either a grade 1 or 2 thigh sprain.

Anyone had this before ? How serious should I take this, I am of course doing the R.I.C.E for now but my job has me walking a lot during the week and pretty active, so will healing be pretty delayed you think?

I of course realize this is not a sports injury forum, but perhaps some fellow shredders have some experiences they can share.

Cheers

Last edited by SB4L; 11-24-2009 at 11:43 PM.
SB4L is offline   Reply With Quote