Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Board stance tips

6K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  anthology 
G
#1 ·
I have been snowboarding for a good 5 years now but I haven't hit much of the park (rails, pipes, boxes, kickers etc.) I am just curious if park boarders use a certain type of stance on their board? If this is just a completely stupid question feel free to laugh, but if standing a different way on your board helps with rails or anything I listed, please share. Thanks.

#2 ·
Stance depends on what you're doing in the park. I personally have my stance just a smidge farther than shoulder width apart, and for me, it is rediculously stable. As in, I can pop ollies, have a stable landing platform, yet be able to care really well. But it is honestly just a matter of personal preference. There are people who live in the park where I work, and they have the stance maxed out on their boards, and they like it. So really, just fiddle around with your bindings to see what YOU like.

G
#4 ·
NJ SHREDDER 28 said:
two common (but obvoiusly not foolproof) ways that people set up their stance for park rididing are to center your bindings and duck your angles (ex. front, +9, back -9)
Yeah I would try out some ducking...Up to 12 and -12 or perhaps 15 are the max you would want to use unless you are really used to it... I use 12 personally.

#6 ·
st.stark said:
Yeah I would try out some ducking...Up to 12 and -12 or perhaps 15 are the max you would want to use unless you are really used to it... I use 12 personally.
I use this stance centered on the board for everything I do at my shoulder width or maybe just a tiny bit wider and centered on the board. Other than that, I'll scoot them back to the tail a little bit for powder (but I usually ride a big board just for the powder and the bindings don't get moved on any of my boards).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.