Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Photo Shoot questions at Breck/Copper

804 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Noreaster 
#1 ·
Finally getting to head out west in a couple weeks (Feb5-9th) for the 1st time. Mainly coming out to bring my son but would like to get some quality snowboard shots for my website if I can get the chance. Anybody around at that time? Is it wrong for me to assume I can just go out in the park, set-up, and start shooting without officials or the other resort photographer breaking my balls? Mainly trying to decide if it's worth trying to fly with any of my high power flash gear? Do any of the riders get pissed with a big flashes going off? Here's some of my wakeboard stuff just as a reference. Watersports - Performance-Images

#2 ·
I can't speak for Breck/Copper but I have brought my DSLR out onto the slopes previously, and I've seen other people do it too. As long as you stay out of the way of others and remain polite & courteous, dont see why it would be a problem.

However, if you're setting up light stands, tripods and what not, and/or blocking access to features then that would probably cause issues. If the light is decent you can probably get away without off-camera strobes and heavy equipment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.