Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Craziest snowboarding injuries....?
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 10:24 PM   #47 (permalink)
NYSnow

I met up with my friend who lives in Germany last March and we rented a car and drove to Verbier, Switzerland for a snowboarding trip. On day 1, 5 hours into the trip I got injured. The trails were steep and I was riding a new longer board that I was not used to (mistake). I was also not wearing any wrist protection (biggest mistake). I was trying to keep up with my friend near the bottom of the mountain and it was icy and I caught an edge and fell backwards hard mostly onto my left wrist. I knew it was broken and stopped by the local clinic to get it casted. The next day I drove back with my friend to Germany for 8 hours with one arm (she did not have a drivers license) and then caught an earlier flight back. One of my friends is a orthopedic surgeon and fixed my fracture the next day since it was an unstable fracture and would not be able to be treated non-operatively. Fortunately it healed great.
NYSnow is offline   Reply With Quote