Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Your Snowboard Vehicle.

383K views 2K replies 556 participants last post by  speedjason 
G
#1 ·
New to the forums. Currently have a BMW 330xi as my vehicle to get to the mountain. See where that's a problem? More than a couple inches on the road and I am screwed..

Looking for input on what vehicles you all drive to the mountain. I have about 12k to put into this. Maybe more.

Thanks for input--

-Alex

#461 ·
Holy 5-month thread bump IslandSnow! ;)

I like this thread, a lot of great pics and ideas. I am very surprised that no one has mentioned one of the greatest overall snow vehicles there is (one of which I'm planning on picking up soon),the Subaru Forester XT. Unlike the lame, soccer-mom-ish Foresters, this somewhat rarer version is equipped with the same 2.5-ltr turbocharged engine as the Subaru WRX STI and many performance upgrades, including a (slightly smaller) TMIC and Turbo; so basically, you get (almost)STI performance and ample people/cargo room while avoiding the crazy insurance and cop attention that you get with an STI. Dropped slightly on coilovers, they look agressive and sexy too.Its also very mod-able, and you can do just about anything you like with an XT, from making a smooth-driving, comfy, speedy daily driver, to a crazy 600hp beast of a race-wagon... Anyways, Here is a buddy's '05 Xt geared up to hit the slopes, the visible mods are obviously the Yakima Skybox, the rims, and the larger, STI hood scoop. I think it looks awesome:

#466 ·
LOL I haven't been on this thread since last season funny it came back up... This is the ultimate snowboard vehicle imagine the fun......

Attachments

#468 ·
:rolleyes:
Um, yeah that pic and video has been posted dozens of times throughout all the vehicle threads and all over the forum. Thanks though :laugh:
:eek::laugh: sorry for the clutter then, ran across that pic and got so excited I just posted it w/o looking around, great attention to detail though lmao!!

#473 ·
Thanks, and ya the iX's are pretty hard to find, especially in a 5 speed.

I looked for over half a year for the perfect car, I was acutally talking to Nic Drago at one point to buy his out in Colorado, but he decided to keep his.
Kept looking and found this one on Portland's craiglist. Flew up, bought it, and drove it down to the SF Bay Area the next day.
Super happy with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.