Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Your Snowboard Vehicle.
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 12:53 PM   #241 (permalink)
ComeBack_Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by cifex View Post
Bottom line....you should subscribe to Consumer Reports..... I don't think anyone said they were as reliable as toyota / sub.....that doesn't mean they are "horrible".

Removing these graphics in a couple min....fyi

Hey, cute pics
Thats great how you showed a graph stating all below average or just plain bad for 6-8 years, and then good for the last two, which illustrates that if you buy a new VW you're probably ok for the first two years/12-24,000 miles... HOORAY!

These cars are horrible options because other vehicles in the same(or less) price range give you so much more in terms of reliability, cost-of-ownership, retaining value, and a thousand other things. If your choices were between the Flinstones car, a horse-and-carriage, or a Jetta, the Jetta would be the obvious choice. But when we have the options we do, buying a VW is close to retarded.

Whatever, you've heard a ton of people on this thread vouch for how bad these cars are mechanically, and any mechanic or person whos owned a Vdub for a couple of years will tell you the same, but whatever its your money and life do what you want. I'll still gladly pull my Subaru Impreza 2.5rs to the side of the road to help you when your 6-month old VW Touareg completely shuts down for no apparent reason in the middle of a snowstorm(like my buddy and I did last winter in Flagstaff,AZ for a stranded mom w/ her 2 young daughters in that exact predicament). Just my 2 cents, she probably would've been better off if she'd driven past the VW dealership 6 months before that day...

WHatev, I'm over this, have fun in your Jettas LOL
Lets get back to showing off our whips
ComeBack_Kid is offline   Reply With Quote