Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Your Snowboard Vehicle.
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 11:52 PM   #262 (permalink)
91Yota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugggster View Post
I know one thing, its a LOT cheaper to fix anything american versus something foreign. Ill stick with whats tried and true.

btw I got a friend with a vdub, he was sold on them till now. Biggest POS youll ever see. His moms passat had an engine oil sludge issue that vdub wouldnt warranty. He has had a ton of electrical issues with his gti. he wont buy another one once someone buys his. itsa nice ass car, but its about as reliable as a pile of dogshit
Ugh... I hate to say it's true... but it is. I've loved Vdubs and still do but still don't own one because I've see what my brother has gone through with his old GTi and his old Jetta. They're really a car you should own if you have the funds to keep up with it, do it yourself, or have a magical mechanic from Germany at your disposal. And sometimes you just get lucky and get one with no problems. But I'd say that electrical problems are almost always a Vdub issue.

So till I can afford to own the Vdub I've always wanted, I'll stick the the japanese cars that have always treated me better. I'll post a pic of my car for this thread later on too.

btw, thanks alasdairm for the explanation on the angled carrier, that actually makes perfect sense now hah.

((((((((mcampbell-photo.webs.com))))))))

Last edited by 91Yota; 11-30-2009 at 11:55 PM.
91Yota is offline   Reply With Quote