Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

What game should I get next?

3K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  roremc 
#1 ·
As much as I would like to buy both my funds won't allow me. :mad:

Tossing up between Forza 3 and the new COD.

I have played the Forza 3 demo and its pretty sweet. I heard that COD is the shit but the single player is very short. The last game I got that I really loved was GTA4. The only reason I'm shying away from COD is that when I play GTA online most of the people are right assholes.

Thoughts?

#4 ·
Forza 3, L4D2 and CoD2 are all on my list of must haves right now.

I haven't bought a game since the last L4D and never really wanted anything. Now I want 3 games at the same time...

I think if you pick any of those 3, you're going to be quite happy. :thumbsup:

#10 ·
learn the maps and be quick. A big help for me as with halo, is to know where the enemy is going to respawn, so you have a advantage on em. Just keep playing and upgrade ur guys to have the red dot aimer, so much better then just the raw gun.

G
#12 ·
have forza and cod2 and both are great games.

my favorite class: i named it "killing machine"

primary: m16a4 (red dot, FMJ)
secondary: TMP (red dot, silencer)
equipment: frags, flash grenade

perk 1: bling pro
perk 2: stopping power pro
perk 3: scrambler pro

deathstreak: pain killer

killstreaks: predator, harrier strike, chopper gunner

#13 ·
I prefer the Aug along with:

Bling pro
Stopping power pro
ninja pro or scrambler pro

That and split between a rifle using

Bling pro or scavenger pro (for claymores)
Cold blooded pro
Ninja pro

If using bling pro I equip with a throwing knife.

Key point doing this game is patience. By that I don't necessarily mean camping same spot all game, I mean don't run carelessly around like a chicken with your head cut off. People are getting killed the easiest doing this thinking they have Juggernaut on. Move quickly but stop on occasions, be aware of your surroundings and be patient in one spot to pick up action to your advantage instead of being in someone else's crosshair.

G
#14 ·
^^^ could'nt have said that any better myself.

Every map has it's central zone that people tend to keep flooding in. (anyone who has ever played the game more than 2 days knows what im talking about. :)

once you find alternate spots around that central zone but able to peek in and out constantly and move to another spot is when you start seeing how split seconds matter and you will 8/10 times get the kill.

always look at your map for enemy fire. and when theres 1 enemy, theres almost always another very close by.

hope that helps. good luck

#15 · (Edited)
Your learning curve will go up as soon as you learn the maps. I find that I do better sticking to the outer perimeter and hug walls so that my attack field of vision is only about 90-180 degrees or so. Also, I rarely run unless I'm running away from something or getting across the street. With as many passagesways and corners, I get alot of kills because I can pull up my sights faster than someone who has to disengage from running before pulling out his gun.

M16 or SCAR with FMJ and Holographic
Bling
Stopping Power
Ninja

#17 ·
Thats something I have noticed lately. I used to run a lot but i kept running into campers or people with better weapons who could fire and kill me before i got two shots off. The slow movement. find a spot get a kill and then move on seems to work well. I'm still trying to get my weapons sorted. I have the thermal sight for the scrah (?) but its only good over a short distance.
Awesome game though. The only thing I dont like is that the malee knife is unrealistic. Its far too effective and a long range. by that i mean a couple of foot when 2 shots of a shot gun might not kill them at a couple of feet!!?!???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.