Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Anyone at UC Boulder?
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 11:18 AM   #6 (permalink)
killclimbz
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by linvillegorge View Post
Personally, I can't stand Boulder. It's about as fake and hypocritcal of a place as I've ever been.

Here's your typical Boulder "hippy": He has the dreads, beard, and hasn't showered in a week to look the part. But, then you see him go into Urban Outfitters and spend $500 on new clothes and whip out his wallet to pay and 8 platinum cards fall out. He then goes out, hops in his brand new Land Rover and drives off listening to Phish. The Land Rover is sporting as many "green" bumper stickers as possible as it chugs down the road getting 12mpg.
Your Boulder description is pretty spot on. People either love it or hate it there. Boulder tends to be over regulated, but it is a college campus and with a college campus come college girls. A new batch every year. So I can be a dirty old man when driving through there. There are also great out door opportunities around there. Some of the best rock climbing anywhere in the US and the world for that matter, lie almost right out your door. Fantastic hiking trails, inner tubing, mountain biking, back country snowboarding, and other things are close by. You could end up in a worse place for sure. It can be a bit much, but being a College aged kid, you should have a blast. Not the town for me, but I visit it plenty during the summer.

oh and btw, it's CU Boulder, not UC. Don't want you sounding like a dork on your first day...

Last edited by killclimbz; 12-02-2009 at 11:20 AM.
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote