Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Anyone at UC Boulder?
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 06:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
desklamp

I go to CU Boulder (also called UCB, but no one does this)

It's a fun place. There are some douche bags and hypocrites (as mentioned earlier), but there are some decent people. The Hill where most kids go or Pearl Street if hitting the bars.

Eldora is ~ 45 minutes away and the pass is stupidly cheap for students (I paid $79 for mine). The snowboard club (Boulder Freeride) make a lot of trips with pretty decent pricing.

Definitely try to get in dorms first year. Depending on your RA, you might be able to get away with a lot more stuff. Personally, my RA was a fucking bitch.

Campus police (black cars) are huge assholes. Often I'd wake up in middle of the night and see them walking around the hallways with billy clubs sniffing for pot. If you get a knock on your door and it's campus police *don't* let them in (in my dorm, instead of knocking we'd tap the door knob to let each other know it wasn't security. Dumb but it worked). Once, I got a knock on the door and the security stated that they "triangulated the smell of marijuana to be coming from the room I was in". Total BS. There were three of them and they kept accusing me of being high and drunk (I was neither). The city police (white cars) are supposedly nicer usually.