Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Do I have enough layers?

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  arsenic0 
#1 ·
I am trying to dress properly this season and am not sure if this is enough to keep me warm. I have Under Armour cold gear for a base layer (top and bottom). I have a Smartwool sweater, and Special Blend jacket/pants.

My question is do you think this is enough to keep me warm? I'm 5'7" about 130lbs so I don't exactly have a lot of fat or natural insualtion :laugh: So I guess is do you think what I have will be enough? If not, what would you add as a another top/bottom layer?

#3 ·
i consistently go with, starting in and going out, UA Cold gear and north face base layers--> a regular teeshirt-->Hoodie--->Coat and pants. i also wear wool socks, and under armour hood, and a beanie.

when you go boarding you can always take a layer off, sometimes you cant put one on though.

G
#5 ·
I usually sport midweight longsleeve baselayer, like patagonia capilene 2 and then my snowboard jacket, which is insulated. This is good to like 10 degrees, any lower and I'll throw a light weight fleece on and neck warmer

Pants are always 686 smartys and lightweight baselayer.

#7 ·
i have a spandex base layer (it's like under armor except they are extras that my dad was issued from the military) and i wear a longsleeve t-shirt with some nice thick socks. Then i have my snowpants and jacket. i also wear a beanie, gloves and a fleece lined bandana...

i'm almost never cold.

#8 ·
I normally wear a t shirt, hoody, and jacket and end up either taking off my jacket or hoody during the day.
I prefer wearing gym shorts under my pants instead of sweatpants.
However I will bust out my ua mock turtleneck and leggings when the temp drops below zero or close to it.

Pretty much the only thing on my body that ever gets cold are my toes.

#10 ·
as mentioned before it is about preference but what you have sounds about like what I'm usually wearing. I could probably do with less but like others said you can always take something off.

#11 ·
Just layer with clothes that you can easily take off with the exception of your baselayer. I find that my UA ColdGear compression mock and insulated jacket do the job 90% of the time (mostly board in 20-30 degree weather). I'll do the occasional light cotton long sleeve over my coldgear. I do wear a T-shirt most of the time just because I don't want to walk around the lounge in only my UA.

By the way, thanks to everyone who recommended the UA hood in the other thread. I ordered 5 of them for my girl and her fam. Got some socks from them too :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.