Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Is this normal?

4K views 29 replies 9 participants last post by  Helgaiden 
#1 · (Edited)
So i got my boots finally, Burton Invaders. Was getting them sized up into my new bindings (07-08 Salomon Force) when I noticed how much my toe overhangs. Is this normal? Should i even be worried?

See less See more
#5 ·
Its a Burton Air 5.1. I beleive its a 154 (old board my dad got for me at a swapmeet), still works just fine tho as the riding surface is in good condition and stuff). Also, im about 5'9" or 5'10" in height, weigh 175 llbs.

If you want i can get in my boots and strap in and take a better pic.

#7 · (Edited)
yeah i was thinking of changing the angle a little bit...ill post a pic of what the bindings are at now in a min or two. as far as the +5 degrees or whatever...im still noob with all this and im know the markings are on the disks but im not sure how to read them.

Maybe this will help too...

#10 ·
Alright ill look into adjusting them and see if that fixes the issue. You're talking about the how the disks are mounted in right? I had some issues gettin them on right because it appears the hole pattern is slightly off. Someone on another thread mentioned to make sure the disk is compatible with Burton's hole pattern...well I know the hole pattern on the disc that came out (burton bindings) dont look anywhere near the same as the hole pattern on the disk that came with the salomon bindings. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Not exactly sure why you think they are mounted wrong though. Im goofy footed, thats how it works for me lol.

#16 ·
You should be ok now.

P.S. holy crap 1994, this thing is an antique, and check out the camber on it. Sharpen them edges, put in some overtime hours and get yourself a newer stick when the season starts closing.

#17 · (Edited)

It might be a good idea to look into getting some Burton 3-D baseplates for those bindings so your getting the proper connection to the board instead of trying to fit the 4X4 baseplates on it that came with the Salomon bindings.

Also, you don't need a new board, just keep it waxed, and the edges sharpened and you'll be fine. As long as its not delaminating it'll ride fine for a long time. A lot of people replace boards when its not really necessary.

Also stance angels are personal preference. But consider going with a +15 to + 20 on the front foot, and -10 to -15 on the back foot, as this will be easier on your knees, and give you more control when carving. (duck foot stance).. which also helps if your ever riding switch. Also make sure your stance width isn't to narrow, or you'll find yourself standing to straight over the board while riding, which can lead to hurting your knees if they are straight on impact.

#18 ·
Ill see about finding the right disks for it, maybe try the salomon website.

As far as the stance goes, I have the front at +15 i think, if not a little more. The rear i have right about 0 but do you guys suggest going positive on that? I have the bindings as far apart as I can get them so im good there. Still learning though so whatever stance you guys suggest thats best for a beginner, ill do that. Thanks :)

G
#19 ·
+15/0 is ok for beginner. i learned at +15/-15, but i didn't exactly learn the conventional way (was attempting rails like a r-tard my first day out). and your mounting looks fine now. definitely get a 3-hole disc. i can't even imagine how you fit a 4-hole disc in there.

#26 ·
i can't even imagine how you fit a 4-hole disc in there.
Kyouness: had to play with it a little but some of the holes lined up just fine. Kind of weird too me but it works. Ill keep an eye out for the 3d disks tho.
Forgot to mention that i was only able to get 3 screws in per binding. I figured Burton bindings/base plates only use 3 screws so this shouldnt be a problem for me even though im using the 4x4 bindings (or 2x4 or whatever...these salomon baseplates have 6 holes). I could be wrong though.

G
#29 · (Edited)
Hi Guys, Does this look right? its a size 11.5 boot, large bindings on a regular waist custom 09. The Boots have shrinkage technology so the footprint is 10.5]
Just an fyi. Not sure how burton does it, but most companies use full size shells with a half size liner (ex. a size 12 shell with an 11.5 liner in it). So that would make the boots footprint actually a size 12 footprint, or with the shrinkage a size 11.

And to the OP, I recommend not starting out with +15,0 angles. You will be more stable with your back foot ducked out a little. Just stand on the floor in your most comfortable position (looking straight ahead), then look at your feet, and thats how you find your riding angles. Whenever we teach beginners at my mountain, we always set them up duck footed and it works very well. I myself ride with +12, -9.

G
#25 ·
your pedals are fine. i usually place mine right under the toe for response but i only have size 10 boots with a 9.5 footprint. if you tried to do that, your bindings would hang and that would be worse than hanging with the toes of your boots. i say as long as your bindings span the width of the board, you should be fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.