Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New from Maryland
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 11:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
Helikaon34

What's up guys. I live in Bethesda, MD and go up to the local resorts pretty much every weekend during the season. To answer TheseAretheDayz: the pow at Liberty is non-existant. Not to say that its not a fun time out there, its just that the local resorts (whitetail, liberty, roundtop) don't get much natural snow. Those three are the closest local ones, close enough for a day trip. If you are looking for a weekend trip, you should consider Snowshoe in WV, Wisp, in western MD, or like you said 7Springs. Camelback, jack frost, etc up the poconos aren't too far either. Also in VA is wintergreen, and canaan, but snowshoe, wisp, and 7 springs are better I think. Don't bother with Massanutten.

On another note, if either of you guys are looking to ride with someone, I'm game. I've got a couple buddies who like going, but not as often as I do, so I end up going solo about 50% of the time. Always cool to meet new people who like to ride.