Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Survived my first trip to the hill :)
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 08:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
newbiesara

Default Survived my first trip to the hill :)

So the local hill (Chicopee for all those in SO) had a special today - 2 for 1 on their discover snowboard program ($59 gets u gear rental, lift ticket, and 1.5 group lesson) so we got there only to find out we missed the last lesson...

so we grabbed a 2 hour lift ticket and my friend (a beginner/intermediate) did her very best to get me down the hill a few times. I took what i learned from watching all the vid's on here and common sense and skated my way over to the carpet lift, got myself strapped in and got up on my feet and down the hill with not tooooo much falling (one good one on my @ss and a bunch of minor falls).

However i spent the whole time on my heels with my board running perpandicular to the hill cause i was TERRIFIED to go fast! We are gonna get some lessons and i think i'll pick it up without too much pain! However i already want to buy at least boots - those rentals were ok... but my own would be WAY better!